Urban Edge understands that being a homeowner is more than just buying the home. Maintenance and upkeep costs can be hard on a homeowner, especially with unexpected home repairs. Urban Edge offers referrals to HUD-approved participating lenders and agents (listed in alphabetical order):
|Participating Agent/Lender:||City of Boston: HomeWorks HELP||MassHousing: Get the Lead Out||MassHousing: Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP)|
|Program Details:||• Through the HomeWorks Home Equity Loan Program (HELP), you may be eligible to receive an interest-free loan for a variety of approved home repair projects. The Boston Home Center will partner with you through the entire home repair process, helping you find a contractor, monitor work quality, and ensure a post renovation inspection.||Get the Lead Out loans are administered by local rehabilitation agencies. For more information, or to apply, contact Urban Edge at 617-840-6220||• Use an affordable Home Improvement Loan Program (HILP) loan to make general, non-luxury improvements to your property.
• HILP loans are originated by MassHousing-approved lenders. For More information or how to apply for a HILP loan, contact Urban Edge at 617-840-6220
|Eligibility:||• Must own and occupy a 1-4 family home or condo in Boston|
• Must have a household income at or below 120% of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Area Median Income (AMI) limits.
• Must adhere to the HomeWorks HELP funding terms
|0% Deferred Interest Rates and 2% Amortizing Interest Rates available.||• Borrowers must meet income eligibility limits to qualify for a HILP loan.
• Income limits vary by city or town
|Contact Information:||Find our more about HomeWorks HELP.|
• The Boston Home Center Department of Neighborhood Development
|Contact MassHousing||Contact MassHousing|